Friday, October 20, 2006

The KLKlan Deepavali

ah_neh / ugra chandi:

To all our Hindu readers, Happy Deepavali. And to the non-Hinduites, have a good time gorging. To those, who aren't able to celebrate it for one reason or the other, there's always Hari Raya next week, followed by Halloween followed by Christmas and then The New Year, oh wait, then Thaipusam is coming up fast after that too. See, it's never a problem partying if you're an Yindian in Singapore.


Have a good one. Don't drink and drive. Just drink. And once you collect all your ang pows, spare a thought for those who are not having such a grand celebration like yourself. Contact us to submit your contributions and donations to our KLKillahs Project.

Cheers!

aresha



the girl:

Greetings from down under!!!! As bitter as I am about having my exams around the corner and my inability to celebrate Deepavali like I would back home because I have to S-T-U-D-Y, I am glad I have KLK to keep me updated with the festivities in Singapore. I love how Indians, keling or not, battle for attention on the tagboard and argue about all things substantial and mundane.

Reminds me of the last time I attended a Deepavali party, with half-drunk uncles dancing and fully drunk makkals fighting. But at the end of the day, we all love each other don't we? So, I, 'the girl', would like to wish all Indians ALL OVER THE WORLD a very very HAPPY DEEPAVALI!!!

praba

So it's finally almost here? The time to get piss drunk and lie naked outside raagawoods? The time to carry a tiger beer bottle and wait outside amaran just to hammer that fella who stared at your girlfriend in 1800 B.C? The time to screw some girl you picked up in the club whose name you forgot but sounded something like S-H-O-I-K-A? Not any of these? It better not be.

This year, celebrate it the safe way. The festival of lights. Such a beautiful festival. Please do not turn it into the festival of fights. Spend this one beautiful day wisely with your loved ones. And from the bottom of my heart and behalf of the keling killah family, I wish all yindians a really splendid deepavali.

keling kween

Vanakkam yaenathu iniya nanbargaley. Ellorukum enathu manamarntha Deepavali vaazhtugal. Ungal illangalil magilichi ponga naan vaendugiraen. Okay so I tried hard enough. Happy Deepavali folks. Lets remember the story of Deepavali even in times like these. The beauty of the Indian tradition is that it still holds such true values and insights that are timeless. Good will always overcome Evil even if we don't have torturous monsters running about killing people okay? Spread the love and cherish all that you have. HAPPY DEEPAVALI!

nal

It's time, once again, to stuff our faces, loosen our salwar strings and sink in front of the TV to the hypnotic sounds of T/K/Bollywood song and dance. At least, that's what Deepavali means to me.

Don't conform to the "ang pow" rule. In Indian culture, the blessings of your elders are enough. (Yes, I know, I am a cheapo!)

Have a joyous festive break. Happy Deepavali to all!

eshvanya

so the time of the year has come once again for all of youse to stuff your faces with all the goodies. You might wanna watch it though, cos the excessive use of QBB ghee might cause you to pile on some weight as well. you don't wanna be bursting at the seams of your new clothes now do you? To all of youse:

from the bell bottom wearing, leopard print worshipping and hip-hop posing,
to the temple-going madisar maamis and the coconut breaking swamis,
to the mums couped up in the kitchen preparing for feasts and the dads caught up in the bank withdrawing lotsa cash,
to the boys who stalk chicks for their numbers and the girls who swear by your blue eyeshadow,
to every Indian through and true,
here's a very Happy Deepavali from me to you! (: