Sunday, August 27, 2006

Miss Vasantham - First Elimination



Was it with trepidation that most of us switched on the telly at 630 attempting to see what new fracas will erupt after this episode. Fo' sure, they didn't dissapoint. I'm only doing half this post cos as usual the SunTV war erupted. Dad versus Me. I was bound to lose. I don't pay the subscription bills. Still, what I CAN do is review the portion I did watch.

The show opened with some kinda let's walk around, put up cheesy hand poses and spin left, spin right, showcase our dresses. Truth be told, in dresses, some of these chicks actually look like they can make it! Some smile, some frown. Some were just in the whole, "Dear God, may I not trip and fall flat on my face cos it's a live show" frame of mind. You could see the nervousness on most faces, so it was nice to see people like DeviPriya just beaming it for the audience. Either the audience, or Rafi. Who cares either way. She worked it.

For a pageant, that is touted to be the station's event of the year, you'd think they'd actually come up with good choreography for their steps. It all looked like pretty half fucked planning to me. What else can Vasantham do wrong? [We do know who choreographed it. But, still it all looked so wrong.]

Point to note: Prasanna got tons of wolf whistles when it was her turn to be "lead". Joggin my memory, this is the same one that went: "Well, I’ll smile and walk away (for wolf whistles) due to the fact beauty has to be admired by someone…courtesy is a way of life in Singaporean, I’m one of them". I say, many many admire you la. Did you miss the cut for the "4 million Smiles" campaign?

If you watched it live in the audience, you would have noticed a large plasma screen running an individual video montage full of other showy poses while the actual girl strutted it live on stage. Nice touch. Kudos for that.

When the girls did come out solo, I had only one qualm. And that's Kasthuri with her already dyed almost fully bleached hair, pairing it with a yellow ensemble. And those waves she did. KungFu or not. It sure looked like you could generate some good power with those imaginary wind turbines she seemed to be turning. The next time there's a power outage in Northern Africa, we'll be sure to call on you, you with the "Charming Charisma".

Durga, has this whole, goddamn, I lost my handphone look throughout the whole show. And the decks of jewellery on her neck. What a large burden for such a small frame. It was a wonder she still held it all together to walk upright. I would not be fibbing if I said there was a general applause going all round when she got the cut. Still, a shame she got out so early. You could see she had some effort going on there through the 2 weeks, unlike the next one.

Ghayathri, suprise suprise you didn't get eliminated! A stale, fuckin couldn't be bothered performance. Even if u don feel like it cos u don think u're gonna win, at least dont show it babe.
There might be a wild card segment around somewhere. Since already from the auditions this is lookin more like a Singpore Idol wannabe programme rather than an upclass, prestigious pageant.

Q n A

Prasanna: Her whole take on charity sounded friggin rehearsed didn't it? Only when switching to Tamil did the true heartlander in her pop out.

Priya: Now that she's Sunita's twin. Is she almost made for the final 8? I hope not. I have a lot of money running on my picks.

Sathya: She sounded like a mangamma gone good, at least her tamil intones that way. Machines taking over the work of humans is mankind's greatest loss! Everyone gather at her place for the next Bogi Festival with lighter fluid and appliances. I have my PC / washing machine / fridge / vacuum cleaner / etc. to donate to her worthy cause. For the good of all mankind.

Jamuna: What the fuck!!!! So, she was asked how she got her hair so fine. And she responded, yeah many people say that about my hair. Urmz, so yeah how DID your hair get so fine? My smile makes my hair look very lustrous. To think that a well rehearsed, "I use Mango Brand Coconut Oil daily" would have saved her national embarassment. But what the hell, she survives to die another day.

Kasthuri: She has effectively conquered the English language. I leave it to Klengstantine to round up her language prowess in a later post. "On my opinion", "Indian womans". Talkin english like a minah (now I realize who does the fake slangs, slang also slang ang moh style la, why do so localized) . Do it Yishun style. Start every new sentence with "Inga paaru machi...". I'll vote for you, gladly. For a minute, she sounded like Rajini in one of those "I'm Yindian and don know ur Englibish, yes, thank you, yes, thank you"

My pops: I think her iduppu (hip) gonna break, thats why she holding it and coming.

Anyone notice that as the weeks go by, Esteemed Judge Sunita Rai is getting a tad bit more bimbotic. If she was tryin to play Pseudo-Tyra, it isn't working out. I like your hair! I like your smile! I like your top! I like your shoes! Damn, woman, get a room!

I think in all fairness, who should have got eliminated got eliminated. To the ones, you know who you are, who should have but stayed on. I'd like to get some 4D numbers from you guys. The ladies who are progressing on, some have really "bloomed" as Najip says umpteenth times. Looking way better groomed and poised in this round. Carry this on, and who knows, one fine day we might have nothing to diss.


,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


No comments: