Saturday, September 02, 2006

Ms Vasantham - The Inggerish Inquisition

So it appears alot has happened since I posted last and I do hope that you, the reader ,would accept my apologies for the unusually long hiatus. Moving on to the matter at hand, I have to admit that I haven't exactly watched an episode of Ms Vasantham yet but at the prodding of my co-editor, I decided to go to the Ms Vasantham Sub page to see what exactly the brouhaha (read: excitement to some of the airheads from the pageant who read this blog) was. Boy did it get my gears grinding.

If theres one thing that pisses me off more than a KLK, it has to be a KLK who can't articulate to save her life(this is where respect goes out where its due, the male KLK never talks, instead, when needed, it uses simple words to fling its point across, mainly Karlsberg, Heineken and when Tamil is badly needed, the KLKalyani label comes out). Some of the answers that these supposedly fine specimen give out for their Q&A sessions are simply mindblowing. Seeing as time and space are a constraint, i'm simply going to be picking a few of these kreatures for kulling. I was surprisingly not spoilt for choice mind you, there wasn't one who had atrocious grammar from start to front. Apparently there is hope yet, grammar-wise of course.

Having said that however, it wasn't as if the errors in English were few and far between, I unearthed a few gems. Taking a certain Barathi for example, "Taking part in beauty pageants has always be my dreams . So by joining Miss Vasantham , I'm giving my dreams a life and making them exist in reality". Need I say more? I would need subtitles if I had to watch her speak.

Next up we have Fajariah with her "I wouldn’t exaggerate myself by taking off my slippers n aim it at those wolves because that may rise their anger up to an extent whereby revenge will take place." I lost her after the fourth word, anyone with a translation? It looks like English but i'm not entirely sure.

Not to be outdone, there's also a Jayanthi who unleashed 2 humdingers. "I’m sure the to be ‘Miss Vasantham’ would be a fine exemplary to all the Indian women out there apart from just being an ambassador of the Indian community" and a personal favorite "As put concisely by Sir Albert Einstein,” the only source of knowledge is experience’". 2 things, if you're going to use a big word, use it right and if you is going to quote someone, get his title right. Last I checked Jayanthi, you weren't even the resident Keling Kween, you can't go around awarding posthumous knighthoods.

But the one that takes the cake (and eats it) has to be Kalaivani Samantha. "Everything I taste has to be spicy. (only food)". Priceless.

I would have loved to have picked more for dissection but alas the material from the website didn't give me much information to work with. Having said that, we're just waiting for you Ms Vasantham wannabes to slip. Rest assured, we'll kull you as you fall.

Ps: Pardon the lack of kwality kulling, i've got a lot of ringrust to shake off before hitting the high standards set before. Ciao.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, who's blog did you copy this post off this time, you copycat slag?

ah_neh said...

If you are an avid reader of the previous copycat post's original owner, good for you. As you can see, measures have been taken to arrest the issue and I've even spoken to him.

However, I don't appreciate this anonymous bullshit commenting. Either don't stay anon, or get a life?

Geddit?

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Kalaivani Samantha. "Everything I taste has to be spicy. (only food)"

just a thought. could she have mentioned this in a playful manner. coz food isnt the only thing one can taste. im not sure where this is frm..but if its written. thats how i would have interpreted it - that she meant it in a "cheeky" way.

just my take on it.

indilove said...

aiya, for the life of the indian community, that programme is absolutely embarassing.
they assemble 20 bimbos ranging from fat to skinny to simply butt ugly and they call it a beauty pageant.
plus, there isnt even an ounce of potential redemption when you realise, damn, these girls arent even smart!
give the crown to najip lah, hes hot.

Anonymous said...

najips's english isnt all that great as well la..the onli one who speaks gd eng is ssunita la..but agree with it...the show has more cons den pros.bad television at its best.

jeje said...

longchamp
lebron 13
hermes belt
lebron 13 low
lacoste polo
james harden shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
asics sneakers
michael kors outlet
yeezy shoes