Monday, September 04, 2006

Miss Vasantham - Question 6

It goes without saying that to be in this competition these girls have to have a certain level of narcissism and street know-how in them.

How do you cope with wolf-whistles on the street?

The Reasonable Ones

Barathi

‘At least I have grabbed some attention’

Nishalani

‘I simply let in one ear and let it out the other and mentally compliment myself for looking good’

The Narcissistic Ones

Kasturi

“For sure, nobody will woo just an ordinary woman and of course, I take it as an appreciation of my stunning beauty”

Natasha

“I would turn a blind eye as I walk by because men are men after all, you can’t stop them from admiring a beauty”

The Confused Ones

Prasana

“Well, I’ll smile and walk away due to the fact beauty has to be admired by someone…courtesy is a way of life in Singaporean, I’m one of them”

We're Singaporean, we actually need a campaign to teach us how to be courteous.

Sonia

‘I would just consider that it was not meant for me and put a deaf ear to it, but if its made to be obvious, then I would just walk away’

The WTH? Ones

Fajariah

‘I wouldn’t exaggerate myself by taking off my slippers n aim it at those wolves because that may rise their anger up to an extent whereby revenge will take place. Instead, I will just take it as a compliment that I attracted their attention, panic and then get out of the scene fast’

Kovilpatti Veeralakshmi and her "seruppu pinjurom!". She is trying to show that she is strong, yet sensible, flattered, yet alarmed by these ‘wolves’.

Sasi Kala

I think if you listen to more of those wolf-whistles, they tend to become howling and so frankly speaking, I'll ignore them. I believe that human beings can verbally communicate rather than wolf-whistles

Either she was watching Van Helsing or Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ video while answering this question.

,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

No comments: